Sunday, October 7, 2012

As This Wonderful, Amazing World Turns!

As I begin this blog, a full year plus a few days after my last blog, I can hear my two month old son cooing in our family room! He's watching the Nascar Cup race with my husband! Life has been such a whirlwind that it's been so hard to keep up with all of the happenings in our life!

So much has changed in our world since I last wrote: In November 2011, my husband left his position at Torgerson's & took an oil field job with a company in North Dakota and I became pregnant; In March my husband returned home, for good, from the oil fields; In April he became the newest member of the Lewistown HRDC Weatherization Crew; On Wednesday August 8, 2012 I gave birth to our beautiful son, Austin Joseph Charles Toller; and on August 21st my 12 year old stepdaughter, Savannah, moved in with her biological mother & their family in Billings!

I've always believed that everything happens for a reason but if you'd have told me a year ago that our lives would have taken such a sharp turn I'd have laughed! As sad as it made me, I had just resolved myself to the fact that it was possible we'd never have children of our own! Yet, here we are! Completely in love with the most amazing little human being I've ever met!

Life is was what it is and even though things have never been perfect or ideal with Savannah, we'd have just kept moving right along! We have also resolved ourselves to the fact that sadly, at the age of 12, she is who she is, we're never going to change her! The things we tried to instill in her, like honesty, integrity, hard work & respect are now up to her! You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink! I think she's finding out, the hard way, that no matter where she goes her problems are going to follow her until she changes her behavior! Manipulation will only get you so far with the same people! We will always love her but right now she's right where she should be!

I don't know what the future holds for me & my little family but I can tell you, we're living the most amazing life! We're not rolling in money and there are times we struggle to pay everything on time & in full; We're not driving a fancy car; We're not living in the most sofisticated home in town; And we're not taking extravagant vacations...But we couldn't be happier!!! Life is good in ways I didn't know were possible! At this point, I'm just trying to hang on as this wonderful, amazing world turns! I'm a lucky momma & I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment